Monday, May 11, 2009

What, if any, were the after effects of the Columbine High School Massacre?

Effects for the survivors, the families of the murdered, the school itself

What, if any, were the after effects of the Columbine High School Massacre?
Outside of those points...there are other students wanting to copy Columbine. Why must we focus on the bad news after it happens, instead of trying to figure out what causes it to begin with?





I pray that the survivors, family members and community have grown stronger in themselves and together in spirit. I would never want to be in that situation for I know I am not strong enough myself to handle it. I saw people after it happened and how well they held their heads high. I would never be able to do that. Kudos and angels to them.
Reply:well, trauma obviously, but schools across the country were affected too. schools now are sometimes even going overboard about security (a first grader was suspended for bringing to school a plastic knife for creaming his bagel during lunch). of course it can be argued that you can't be too safe, but i still felt bad for that first grader.


No comments:

Post a Comment